Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Welcome to The Feelgood Bible!

Feelgood Bible? What's that all about, you ask?

For years, since joining a Bible-believing Charismatic church, I've been increasingly shocked and dismayed by the arrogance of church leaders and nominal Christians everywhere. What do they do?

  • Cherry-pick verses, like John 3:16a, and portray God and Jesus as some sort of free-love hippies.
  • Interpret God's Word, twisting His Truth to mean what they want it to mean.
  • Decide that parts are "out of date" or "for historical purposes only".
Who makes these choices? Pastors Feelgood, not God.

God gave us the Bible as His Complete and Perfect Word. It is not to be added to, nor removed from, nor altered. So doing is a direct disobedience of God's commandment!

When Pastors Feelgood are finished with the Bible, they've usually whittled it down to a pamphlet of happy verses of naive love, and treated the rest as so much toilet paper. That wee pamphlet is the foundation for their "Feelgood Bible".

Pastors Feelgood then elaborate upon the verses they've selected, building up the full "Feelgood Apocrypha"! The "prosperity evangelists" (think Joel Osteen) have developed an extensive Feelgood Apocrypha, writings which draw the reader away from God's core messages and into a Satanic world of greed-for-'God'. Heretical? I sure think so. Don't you?

If this isn't heretical, I don't know what is:

On Larry King Live, the following very disturbing conversation occurred with Larry King and Joel Osteen:


KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?


OSTEEN: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to Heaven. I don't know ...


At this point, even Larry King appears surprised by Osteen’s answer. Then Larry tosses Osteen a "soft-ball" to explain his previous answer. And again Osteen openly denies that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way of salvation.


KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?


OSTEEN: Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God will judge a person's heart. I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've
seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.

[segment removed for brevity - MV]

KING: What about atheists?


OSTEEN: You know what, I'm going to let someone -- I'm going to let God be the judge of who goes to Heaven and Hell. I just -- again, I present the truth, and I say it every week. You know, I believe it's a relationship with Jesus. But you know what? I'm not going to go around telling everybody else if they don't want to believe that that's going to be their choice. God's got to look at your own heart. God's got to look at your heart, and only God knows that. - Quoted from http://www.av1611.org/osteen.html


This is what passes for Christianity today! No wonder faith is as strong in this country as the manufacturing sector!

This blog will explore what the Bible actually says about good, evil, natural disasters, sin, sex, Heaven, Hell, and everything else. Current events will also come into play, helping us see how God's Truth applies to here and now, not just what happened two to six thousand years ago.

I look forward to sharing with you, and some invigorating discussions about the Bible, God's Plans for humanity, and who God and Jesus really are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So let's make with the truth, guy